Wednesday, September 19, 2007
First Week Entry
I get my news from news websites on a pretty unpredictable basis. If I hear something of interest, I'll go to CNN or WFAA for more information. I usually just read the front page of the WFAA website, and I never read the paper version of the newspaper. I intentionally seek out news coverage less than an hour each week. I think that the media handles race issues in an acceptable manner. I feel that the media almost tries too hard, though, to be politically correct and not shed too harsh a light on any one race to the point that the news is skewed. As for disabilities, I feel that the same is done. It's patronizing, some of the news stories local media covers regarding the disabled. Issues of sexuality are very taboo in much of today's media.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment